January 04, 2010

Procrastination

Hello, blog.
You are the last resort. If I should procrastinate, I would like to do this with a purpose. And I have decided that blogging about a nonexistent subject is a purpose.
I have a rather important paper to e-mail (and then mail) to a professor in France in less than 24 hours, but it is not yet written. There are almost 3 pages full of unaccented passe compose verb particles and yet not cited citations, and 17 pages that are yet to materialize on an overheating laptop. I decided that I will edit the paper tomorrow night, which is an ambitious decision, given that I drank my last Rockstar tonight, and it only inspired me to watch Take The Lead, a documentary on ABBA, lots of old olympic and world figure skating videos, and YouTube movie trailers. In fact, the reason I'm blogging is because The Ugly Truth is taking 14 minutes to download. Frankly, all this makes me feel as if I have no interest in the electoral politics of South Africa... and that's not true; I LOVE electoral politics (somewhat)... okay, they're interesting, but to the same extent as any subject after a reasonably thorough bit of research is done to learn about it. I also found nothing profoundly distressing that goes on in South African election campaigns or outside of them. It may be that I only like working on projects that have no optimistic undertone or a possible resolution to their 'problematique' in the foreseeable future. I would seriously prefer to write 20 pages about Yemen. Anything in Yemen. Give me a topic, and I'll do it by February, no problem.
I am digressing. What I would like to say is that procrastination is terrible, but once you're in the loop, you have to just go for it. You know you're not going to get anything done! Life has taught me that letting go of the stress and just enjoying yourself always pays off - you'll be much better prepared to handle the imminent work ahead...unless you oversleep the deadline!
Bonne Nuit! Good Night! Buenos Noches! Spokoinoi Nochi! Guten Nacht!

No comments:

Post a Comment