February 08, 2010

French Soups on Hold

Hello! I apologize (to anyone reading this) for the lack of French soup recipes lately. I have been preparing for a departure to a Gulf country on a study abroad program and tying up loose ends from last semester...this left me with little time to cook new meals. Unfortunately, I will not be continuing my French cuisine adventures while abroad for a few reasons: firstly, there is a general shortage of basic ingredients, such as leeks, common to many French soups; secondly, jet lag has gotten the better of me, and when it will fade away, classes will settle in, full force; thirdly - and most importantly - I have no access to a kitchen, unless my host family will let me use theirs, in which case the previously given reasons would still limit my ability to prepare a dish.

However, I did cook a soup that has not made it to the blog in the month preceding my departure. It will be up as soon as I am back in New York. Bon Appetit (this time, eating your own creation)!

No comments:

Post a Comment